Each spring, we recommend our customers arrange for professional maintenance to inspect and tune-up their air conditioning systems. Although it’s a “recommendation,” we don’t think of maintenance as just a beneficial service—it’s a necessary one if you want your air conditioner to have the longest service life with the fewest problems and lowest operating costs possible.
We’re not the only people making this recommendation. The US Department of Energy urges all homeowners to have annual maintenance for their air conditioner. And there’s no better time for the job than spring, right before the hot weather arrives.
The Biggest Benefits of AC Maintenance
We could rattle off a long list of the benefits of keeping current with maintenance year after year for your central air conditioning system. We’ve cut the list down to these five, which can make a huge difference for your home cooling and budget.
- Reduced number of repairs: The majority of repairs an AC may need during its lifetime are due to lack of maintenance. Yes, that’s right: you can eliminate more than 50% of the repairs your AC would otherwise need just by having an annual system inspection and tune-up.
- Reliable performance: A failed AC during one of the hottest and most humid days of summer is a bad time. Nobody wants that. Maintenance is the best defense against this from happening. Not only will you enjoy steady cooling, but you’ll have extra peace of mind—and nobody can put a price on that!
- System longevity: When an air conditioner doesn’t have regular maintenance, it will wear down faster and have its service life cut short. Where a system that’s maintained each year can last from 10 to 15 years, one that’s neglected may give out in 5 to 8 years and force an expensive early replacement.
- Energy efficiency: Each year an AC misses maintenance, the strain and build-up of dirt on it will lower its energy efficiency. This means paying more to cool your house than you should. Maintenance protects system efficiency and keeps bills under control.
- A valid warranty: The equipment warranty for an air conditioner may be voided if the system does not receive regular professional maintenance. Because approximately 2% of ACs leave the factory with some kind of fault, the warranty is a vital consumer protection, one you don’t want to let lapse because the AC didn’t get maintenance.
Plus, The Many Comfort Club Benefits!
We have our own maintenance program, the Comfort Club, to make maintenance easier for our customers. When you enroll in the Comfort Club, you’ll also receive additional benefits, such as:
- A 20% discount on repairs
- 1-year warranty on most repairs.
- Priority customer service
- 24/7 emergency service
- No overtime charges
We’re the Buford, GA, HVAC contractor who’ll help your AC work in great shape this summer and for many summers to come. Get in touch with us to find out more about the Comfort Club and get in the AC maintenance schedule.
At Snellville Heating, Air and Plumbing, “Your comfort Is OUR Business!” Call us to schedule AC maintenance today as a member of our Comfort Club.